Strategic Partnership Development Manager, Food Ordering Marketplace
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience at a technology platform company.
- Business development and operating experience.
- Experience working on partnerships in the food ordering space, including food ordering aggregators, B2B stakeholders, restaurants, and/or cloud kitchens.
- Experience using analytical insight and thoughtful structures to solve challenges and communicate solutions.
- Understanding of Google, our products, and the broader ecosystems.
- Ability to discuss and structure agreements, interpret legal documents, and work with legal professionals.
- Ability to work well in fast-paced, collaborative, and ambiguous start-up like environments. Ability to grasp complex technical and product concepts.
- Ability to form relationships demonstrating thoughtfulness, an entrepreneurial mindset, persistent execution, and excellent strategic judgment.
About the job
As a Strategic Partnership Development Manager, you will help shape and launch the next generation of Google Ads Products in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). As part of the EMEA Ads Business Development team under Global Partnerships, you will partner closely with Google’s Product Management organization to understand business and product goals, bringing local knowledge and expertise about EMEA markets and strategic partners. We rely on this knowledge to establish leading industry partnerships and enable the creation and launch of new and exciting ads products and solutions that meet our advertisers current and future requirements.
Our team is highly collaborative and works with a broad set of cross-functional teams within Google. In this role, you’ll lead partnership efforts to enable deeper consumer food ordering marketplace experiences across platforms, including Search, Maps, and Assistant. You will also work with Product leadership to establish our strategy for key consumer verticals, and will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders including Product, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Sales Industry/Vertical Leadership, and other Global Partnerships teams to manage commercial agreements with partners. Whether you’re formulating a strategy for an emerging marketplace, executing an agreement, or managing a partner through a complex situation, it is crucial to all aspects of the role that you have the ability to form effective and meaningful relationships, externally as well as internally.
- Collaborate with Product leadership to establish our strategy for key vertical experiences.
- Identify target partners across verticals/markets needed to enable strategy and experience. Consult with partners and collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders to structure and execute agreements.
- Manage a set of partners by cultivating, developing, and maintaining effective direct relationships. Understand the full scope of partners’ commercial and product needs. Provide partner feedback internally.
- Collaborate with a broad cross-functional team to develop responses to platform ecosystem challenges and opportunities.
- Drive presentations and recommendations to leadership around key business performance indicators, as well as technology trends and competitive dynamics.