Mechanical & Additive Manufacturing Engineer
We are Planted. After years of research, founded in July 2019 as a spin-off from ETH Zurich, it is our very aim to make the world better. With a revolutionary plan: Meat from plants.
Planted is more than a delicious product – it’s also an attitude. We want to radically change the way people consume and perceive meat. And to trigger a switch from eating animal- to plant-based proteins.
We are making a change. Not only because we can. But because we have to. Be part of our journey and join our Science Team as our Mechanical & Additive Manufacturing Engineer.
As our Mechanical & Additive Manufacturing engineer, you will change the game with us. You will design and create new processing equipment and technologies via additive manufacturing to produce the next generation of plant-based food products.
- You design and manufacture new equipment for the development and production of plant-based meat by using additive manufacturing and rapid prototyping techniques.
- You improve existing and develop new technologies for the production of plant-based meats.
- You implement new processing equipment in close collaboration with the Science and Product Development teams.
- You manage and organize multiple science and implementation projects.
- You align technology development to business and consumer needs and vice versa.
- are a self-driven person with a higher education specialized in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Material Science or similar background.
- are a PhD in mechanical engineering or 3 or more years of relevant industrial experience.
- are experienced in designing new machine parts with CAD and applying additive manufacturing techniques for metals such as SLM and DMSL is essential. Additional experience in other 3D printing techniques and traditional manufacturing methods (turning, milling, drilling, welding, etc) is a plus.
- have profound knowledge and simulation experience in fluid dynamics (e.g. CFD) and heat transfer. Knowledge on fluid dynamics of polymers and other materials in extrusion is a plus.
- have a proven track-record in building and designing new innovative parts and processing equipment.
- are enthusiastic about working with plant-based meat and sustainable food.
- are comfortable with working under pressure, unconventional scientific ideas and with handling unfamiliar situations and deadlines.
- are a team-player and responsibility-taker with an entrepreneurial and flexible mindset and a high level of independence.
- are a high performer with keen perception and willingness to go the extra mile.
- show excellent communication skills and are fluent in German and English.