GLOBAL HEAD OF SALES – MANAGEMENT GROUP
Join the QualySense journey
QualySense, a young Swiss company, is reinventing the global soft commodity market by pioneering the proprietary QSorter® technology, a sophisticated high-speed single-kernel robot, which measures the compositional and physical quality of each grain and sorts it accordingly. The QSorter is the result of outstanding R&D in the field of sensing, mechatronics, biochemistry, data processing and life science along with world-known partners such as the United States Department of Agriculture, EMPA, Agroscope, and ETH. The QSorter analyzes grains at very high speed by means of Near Infrared spectroscopy and 2D/3D imaging. The company, founded in 2010, has been awarded a number of prestigious prizes. We commit to bringing excellence in nutrition, health and safety to people all over the world and we are looking for talents that can help us achieving our mission. (Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF8exqmmsl8).
GLOBAL HEAD OF SALES – MANAGEMENT GROUP
(Job Reference Number: QSCH2019JB288)
Location: Switzerland, Zürich-Glattbrugg Date: February 2019
QualySense is seeking an inspiring and born leader, with proven-experience in larger international sales to build our entire sales organization and international distribution network. The Global Head of Sales will be a key member of the management team, reporting directly to the CEO, and contributor to the overall growth and success of the company. QualySense has a diverse product portfolio with a high level of complexity and specificity in terms of products, projects, and technologies and your position will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the new sales organization to bring successful new sorting solutions to the marketplace. The ideal candidate possesses an entrepreneurial spirit who sets the overall global sales strategy, executes it in full and leads the sales team to success from the idea stage to the after sales. He understands the needs of a growing corporation as well as customers’ needs and challenges. Excellent people management, negotiation, communication and execution skills are required to develop and document compelling product portfolio and sales strategies that comply with the company long- term vision.
A market competitive salary plus bonus incentives based on performance are part of the job offer.
- Build a world-class sales organization and generate the “can do” spirit in the team to bring the company sales and marketing strategies across commodities and geographies to the top
- Lead the team ensuring that clear vision, performance-orientation and motivation are forming the team into clearly positive and effective goals; devote time and energy to the skills and attitude development of the team
- Demonstrate a collaborative management style that fosters effective team working within a multidisciplinary organization structure; establish a leadership and management approach which is both flexible and appropriate
- Develop an entrepreneurial and positive mindset within the group that drives to produce new products according to specifications and market needs, with proper project management practices, on time and within budget
- Develop a lean and effective organizational structure capable of meeting the needs of a fast-growing company and built a customer responsive culture within the teams
to set the international sales goals
- Interface continuously with all functions of the organization to ensure a clear customer-oriented culture
- Validate and execute business models and pricing strategies across sorting solutions, commodities, cultures and
- Lead branding, product launch & lifecycle management by collaborating with marketing and advertisement partners internally and externally
- Drive cross-functional innovation, understanding and anticipating evolving customer needs by conducting targeted intelligence activities within the industry, academia and other stakeholders
- Lead talent development and coach new generations of sales that will help QualySense expanding worldwide; designing and delivering marketing training to the sales force and distribution channels
- Management of international customers: understanding customer needs and culture and develop appropriate and effective go-to-market approaches
- Support in establishing commercial and R&D partnerships that can boost company productivity and collaborative innovation in the food, seed and agricultural industries
Your climbing kit
- Master’s in Engineering, Life Sciences or Business Administration with focus in International sales
- MBA/EMBA or PhD is an asset but not a requirement
- Inspiring leader with experience in building an international sales organization and distribution network
- Extensive network of key decision makers within the food and/or agricultural industry
- Successful track record building, managing, developing and retaining teams
- Documented ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional and multi-cultural teams
- Experience in managing a service team (i.e. maintenance, after-sales service)
- Management of routine sales reporting (e.g. CRM, funnel, forecast, budget)
- Demonstrated ability and history in identifying and developing new business opportunities, signing large contracts
- Willing to travel worldwide more than 50%
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong documentation, organization and time management skills
- Specific training in people management, leadership and influencing skills
- Love humanity and diversity and is passionate to deal with different cultures
- Strong leader, has courage and own convictions, takes on accountability
- Goal/results oriented, high-energy and commitment, a proven deliverer
- Cooperative, open minded and motivated team player
- Independent and entrepreneurial in carrying on tasks, acquiring new skills and solving problems
- Dynamic strategic thinker with extensive business sense
- Proven ability in inspiring teams to achieve superior results
- Ability to create leads via strategic marketing initiatives (e.g. influencers, key customers)
- Entrepreneurial spirit for testing different pipelines, trying different ways and screening ideas to set the team goals
- Understanding the needs of a growing organization such as QualySense
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of French and German is an asset
- EU/EFTA citizens or valid Swiss working permit
QualySense AG – Unterrietstrasse 2A, 8152 Glattbrugg Switzerland
How to join our team
- Are you able to analyze problems and implement solutions?
- Do challenges motivate you?
- Are you a born entrepreneur?
- Do you have passion and dedication to innovate the food world?
- Are you a citizen of the world and enjoy being part of an international team?
If you have answered YES to all questions above, then you have high chances to be part of our team. Send your complete application in PDF format (including motivation letter, CV, copies of degrees, reference letters, and any relevant documents) or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the job reference number on top of this page. Application must be written in English. Incomplete applications will not be considered.