Biotech Lab Technician
We are Planted. After years of research, founded in July 2019 as a spin-off from ETH Zurich, it is our very aim to make the world better. With a revolutionary plan: Meat from plants.
Planted is more than a delicious product – it’s also an attitude. We want to radically change the way people consume and perceive meat. And to trigger a switch from eating animal- to plant-based proteins.
We are making a change. Not only because we can. But because we have to. Do you want to be a part of it and join our Biotech Science Team as Lab Technician?
- Support Biotech research activities by preparing various materials, e.g. culture media, autoclaved materials, etc.
- Be responsible for maintenance of lab equipment and setting up SOPs
- Maintain order and cleanliness of the laboratory
- Carry out routine microbiological analysis and support our scientists in the development of new innovative methods
- Order consumables and equipment
- Support us in building up a pilot plant for product development of plant-based meat
- Report to our Biotech Lab Manager and support our Biotech Team in various tasks
- Manage the Biotech Lab in the absence of Lab Manager
- hold an apprentice ship as lab technician in a chemical or biological lab environment and/or Bachelors degree (applied university/university) in Biology, Food Science, Chemistry or Materials Science
- have a track record of working in microbiological or biotechnological laboratories
- are a hands-on self-starter who is naturally curious and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- show a structured and efficient working mentality
- are able to take responsibility and work independently
- are a problem solver and love food, plant-based, and science
- show excellent communication skills
- are fluent in English and/or German