Embion is a Chemtech/Biotech spin-off of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL). Embion develops and commercializes food ingredients extracted from natural resources in a circular economy type of model. We are committed in delivering products that meet high quality standards in a sustainable way. Embion’s platform technology allows to meet modern market demand for functional and healthy food ingredients.
Embion Technologies SA is opening an R&D Specialist position in the field of food chemistry and food process development.
In this role, you will join Embion’s food process development team and contribute in developing functional food ingredients and optimizing our prototype process for different raw materials. You will also draw on multiple experiences by having the chance to work as an equal member of a small, dynamic start-up team. That does however include from your part dedication, commitment, resilience, and the ability to handle problems with a certain degree of independence, while showing a proactive and collaborative spirit.
- Primary responsibilities include screening, analysis and identification of functional ingredients in different types of biomass.
- Develop methods for targeted extraction of said ingredients, perform purification.
- Secondary responsibilities include data analysis, instrument maintenance and general laboratory organization.
Qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Food Chemistry, Food Technology or Chemical Engineering
- Prior hands-on experience in synthetic chemistry laboratory is a must
- Strong expertise in analytical techniques of separation and quantification
- Knowledge in carbohydrate chemistry is preferable
- Structured analytical thinking. Independent, proactive, goal-oriented, creative and persistent: You thrive in challenging situations and you are not discouraged by failure
- Ability to adapt and learn fast, while working in a small but dynamic team
- Efficiently communicating and reporting on results
- Very good communication skills in oral and written English is a requirement for this position
Recent news about Embion
- Embion is among 21 EU startups entering the European Climate-KIC Accelerator Program.
- Embion and EPFL received CTI grant for advancing biomass to biopolymers technology.
- Embion has been selected by MassChallenge Switzerland among the most promising startups and included in the new high-impact Agri-and Food-tech startups accelerator (EIT-FAN).
- Embion received the Jean-Michel Lamure Venture 5i Investors Award 2018.
Working conditions and contact:
Start date: As soon as possible within 2018.
Duration: 1 year with option to extend
If you think you got what it takes sent us your application containing a CV, a motivation letter and a copy
of your diplomas and grades to: email@example.com with reference to “R&D Specialist 2018”.